Aromatherapy Lymphatic Drainage stimulates the lymphatic system by applying light pressure in the direction of the lymph nodes. It uses soft pumping movements to move excess fluid and waste products so that they can drain away normally. It uses pure essential oils to aid the elimination of waste and toxins from the body, thus enhancing the therapeutic benefit.
Though this massage is very gentle, its effects can be powerful. The rhythmic, yet light movements calm body and mind – and aid deep relaxation. When I received my first aromatherapy lymphatic massage, I went into a deep trance and woke up refreshed afterwards.
The benefits of ALM are similar to Manual Lymphatic Drainage as they both move fluid and waste products out of the tissues so that they can be eliminated. I see MLD as a “medical” treatment for oedema and swellings, while ALM is for other applications, such as detox, sluggish circulation, chronic sinusitis and sore throat.
Aromatherapy lymphatic massage detoxifies the body, but it cannot do it on its own. It helps if you support your detox with a healthy eating, drinking and exercise regime. For most benefit I would advise at least four weekly treatments.
Face and neck
or go back to the home page.
List of treatments
- Myofascial Release (MFR) - Saving Hands massage -
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® - ATMAT -
- Seated Acupressure - Indian Head Massage - Pulsing - Reiki -
- Reflexology - Tsuboki Foot Massage - Hopi Ear Candles -
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage - Myofascial dry cupping -
- Aromatherapy Massage - Aromatherapy Lymphatic Massage (ALM) -
- Fertility Massage - Pregnancy Massage - Post-natal Massage -
- Dorn Method - Breuss Massage -
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) - Deep Oscillation -
- Holistic Facial - Face Vitality - Total Detox -
Dec 19, 19 06:16 AM
Wishing you health, courage and enthusiam for 2020.
Nov 28, 19 05:27 AM
Saw Regina on Monday for an MLD session for my Lipedma. She was absolutely wonderful, my legs felt so much better and lighter. What a great start to my
Nov 26, 19 03:34 AM
Thank you the thorough massage this morning. I feel a lot better in my right calf now and the work on my lower back was relaxing. Interesting QL on that