The Breuss Massage is a very gentle Spinal Massage that safely stretches, nourishes, aligns and energizes the spine. It is often received before or after a Dorn Method treatment but is also a massage treatment in its own right.
You can reach Touching Well by mobile: 0794 227 6538, or via our new landline 0115 648 9636, or the contact form.
Please could new clients complete my Initial Screening form.
Stay mobile and sane. Hope to see you soon.
With warm regards, Regina
The Breuss Massage was developed by the late Austrian Healer Rudolf Breuss originally for leukaemia patients. Rudolf Breuss said that there is no such thing as ‘wear’ of intervertebral discs but instead that the discs are ‘degenerated’. He was convinced that regeneration was possible. Certainly the results achieved with the Breuss Massage suggest that this is the case!
The spine is like any other living organism, which is in a constant state of ‘stress and relief’. It not only needs nourishment and rest, but also the right amount of ‘stress’ in the form of active movements to maintain its strength and function. During the day our spine and especially our ‘discs’ are stressed and they need to fulfil their duty as shock-absorbers whenever we stand, walk or sit.
These discs are consequently squeezed and some of the liquid within gets out making the discs thinner. We are actually a little shorter in the evening compared to the morning after standing up. During sleep the spine relaxes and stretches out, and the discs can somewhat regenerate by ‘sucking’ back in the liquid they lost during the day, almost like a dry sponge placed in water. This mechanism is altered in a negative way when our metabolism is not in balance or impaired for many different reasons.
The Breuss Massage actually stretches the spine, and acts rather like a whole night’s worth of healthy sleeping. After the Breuss Massage, the Dorn Method is much easier to carry out because in this relaxed state, the spine can be more easily and painlessly re-aligned.
In September 2010 I trained with Brigitte Nath, an authorised Breuss
massage instructor in Stratford-upon-Avon. She kindly allowed me to use
descriptions from her website in the above text. Thank you.
or go back to the home page.
List of treatments
- Myofascial Release (MFR) - Saving Hands massage -
- Therapeutic massage - Maya Abdominal Therapy -
- Seated Acupressure - Indian Head Massage - Pulsing - Reiki -
- Reflexology - Tsuboki Foot Massage - Hopi Ear Candles -
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage - Myofascial dry cupping -
- Aromatherapy Massage - Aromatherapy Lymphatic Massage (ALM) -
- Fertility Massage - Pregnancy Massage - Post-natal Massage -
- Dorn Method - Breuss Massage -
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) - Deep Oscillation -
- Treatment for lymphoedema - Treatment after cosmetic surgery -
- Holistic Facial - Face Vitality - Total Detox -
- Virtual sessions - Supervision
Nov 22, 23 03:35 AM
Nov 20, 23 08:38 AM
Nov 10, 23 11:17 AM