Hopi Ear candling, or Thermo Auricular Therapy, can be used to treat many conditions of the ear, nose and throat area. It is also extreemly relaxing.
For starters, there is the sound of the candle burning, a crackling, that in-perceptively becomes louder as the candle burns down. Then there is warmth, also becoming warmer over the 11 minutes or so burning time. You only notice how lovely and comforting that was when the candle is removed. Don't worry, there is no fire risk, I extinguish the candle when it reaches the red line.
You will lie on my
comfy bodycushion on your side, but of cause there is always the hassle
of turning over. After we have done both ears you will lie on your back to finish
with a lovely face and neck massage. The treatment lasts 45 minutes.
The hollow candles work by vapourising their ingredients when they are lit, causing convectional air flow towards the first chamber of the ear. The candle creates a mild suction which lets the vapours gently massage the eardrum and auditory canal. Once the candle is placed in the ear it forms a seal which enables wax and other impurities to be drawn out of the ear.
The Hopi Ear Candles used by Touching Well are Biosun candles. These are the only Ear Candle brand on the market that has the CE mark (93/42-EEC) for medical devices in Europe and is registered as a Class IIa Medical Device. They are specially designed with a safety filter and a red line to mark the maximum burn level. Biosun candles are made from cotton or linen, pure beeswax, honey extract, and essential oil of St John's Wort, chamomile and sage.
List of treatments
- Myofascial Release (MFR) - Saving Hands massage -
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® - ATMAT -
- Seated Acupressure - Indian Head Massage - Pulsing - Reiki -
- Reflexology - Tsuboki Foot Massage - Hopi Ear Candles -
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage -
- Aromatherapy Massage - Aromatherapy Lymphatic Massage (ALM) -
- Fertility Massage - Pregnancy Massage - Post-natal Massage -
- Dorn Method - Breuss Massage -
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) - Deep Oscillation -
- Holistic Facial - Face Vitality - Total Detox -
Dec 18, 18 01:31 PM
What is new at Touching Well
Dec 11, 18 04:22 PM
We worked as a team with Andrea Duncan and Caroline Salzedo. Wonderful. Regina has magic hands. Mandy M Excellent session. Really enjoyed it. Angela W
Nov 02, 18 04:27 PM
It is always great to come to Regina for a treatment after our busy period when work seems to completely destroy you. I know that whenever I feel like